How to create a customized product schedule for sessions starting at irregular times with operating hours set up in your venue
For example, sessions that run from 9 AM to 10 AM, and another from 1 PM to 2 PM, every weekday. You can also customize the tickets available to book at each session time and the resources used.
Before getting started
- Set up your operating hours in Venue Manager.
- Create resources for the product to manage venue capacity.
- Create the session pass product or party package product.
- Assign the resources to the product in its product settings.
- If you are an HQ account, you can't create customized HQ schedules at the HQ level. You can, however, create customized sessions at the venue level.
Create the schedule
You'll need to create a customized schedule for the sessions to run at irregular times across each day.
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Schedules.
- Select the product for the schedule you want to create.
- Select Create schedule.
- Give the schedule a name and description.
- From the options menu (3 dots) in the top right, select Customize sessions.
- When customizing sessions your session times become "fixed". The session times won't automatically update (extend or reduce) if you change your operating hours. This is because they are not linked to venue opening and closing times.
- However, the schedule is still subject to operating hours, meaning that the session times are only available if they are within your operating hours, unless you enable the option to allow sessions outside of operating hours (see below).
- Confirm you want to do this by selecting Yes, customize sessions.
Then complete the schedule options as follows.
|First session starts at||Select a time (eg 9 AM) for the start of your first session.|
|Last session starts at||Since we're creating an irregular schedule, we don't need to define when you're last session starts.|
|Session starts every||Choose how often you want sessions to start (session interval).
For example, every 1 HR. Guests will be able to purchase tickets for sessions starting on the hour.
|Tickets and resources tabs||
|Add, edit or remove sessions||You can add as many sessions that you want at the times you want.
|Schedule period||Choose when you want the schedule to be available, subject to operating hours:
|Start date||Select the Start date for the sessions to be available.|
|Maximum booking window||Select the maximum booking window for guests to be able to book into the future. The booking window automatically extends on a rolling basis each day. Note that this setting doesn't apply for schedule periods set as custom dates.|
|Allow bookings outside of operating hours||
Select Save. Sessions times are available at the dates and times you've defined, including any ticket or resource variations you may have set up for each individual session time. Session times are also available within operating hours, unless you choose to allow sessions outside of operating hours.
- Create a booking in Venue Manager and go through the booking flow for the product.
- Add the product to an online checkout and go through the online purchase flow for the product.
- Add the product to a POS menu, launch the relevant POS device and check the tickets are available on the right days and times.
If sessions are not appearing how you think they should be, check how your operating hours are set up, including any scheduled changes or temporary hour overrides to standard hours.