This article outlines how to create a Session pass including adding multiple locations, creating and duplicating schedules, and adding exclusion dates.
Session passes have a start time, end time, and session duration. They allow you to sell tickets for scheduled activities that occur in single or multiple locations.
- Create a Session pass
- Session pass ticket types
- Create a schedule
- Duplicate a schedule
- Add existing schedule
- Exclusion dates
- Edit a schedule for an individual date
- Session pass advanced settings (deposits, Add-ons, waiver)
Create your product
1. Create a session pass
Go to Products > Create Product and select Session pass
2. Fill in the following product details:
- Name (mandatory)
- Short description - shown in the online checkout
- Full Description - shown in the online checkout
- Terms & Conditions - shown in the online checkout and email confirmations
- Reporting category - select from your predefined categories
3. Set the duration of the Session
The session duration will default to 60 minutes, if your session is a different duration you must update it in minutes.
4. Select all locations that will apply to this product
This pre-selection will allow you to configure the locations in the Ticket Types section below. It is not possible to create a session pass without a location.
5. Create a ticket type
Enter the different ticket types available for sale, e.g. Adult, Child and Family tickets; or Peak and Off-Peak
You can create up to a maximum of 20 ticket types per session pass.
Each ticket type requires:
- Name (mandatory)
- Price (mandatory) - do not leave this blank, you can set it to 0 if it is free
- Location (mandatory) - Please select which location's capacities will be affected by sales of this product. For example, if your venue capacity is 100 and you’ve set up a location to that effect; you can set your General Admission product tickets to use that location's rule so that only 100 people can book in every hour
- Consecutive sessions (optional) - allows guests to book multiple hours and if you like, at discounted prices. Add additional hours so the guests can extend their visit. Consecutive sessions work only if the session END TIME coincides with the next session START TIME
- Description (optional) - if each ticket type has specific information, you can add this information here
- Advanced (optional)
- Min & Max purchase limits - set the minimum and maximum that can be sold for each ticket type per transaction
- Force minimum purchase -means that guests cannot continue a transaction without purchasing this item. It is compulsory, for example making it mandatory to have an adult ticket purchased for toddler tickets. Please note if you have multiple products in your checkout you should not use force min purchase as it will add the product to the guests checkout regardless of the product they select
- Group ticket - an example is a family pass
- Tax override - allows you to choose another tax option for the ticket type
- Reporting category - override the reporting category for this ticket type
- Image - override the ticket type image to be different from the standard image for the product
- Online Sales - Tick the box if you want to hide this ticket type from online sales. This means the ticket can only be purchased through POS or Venue Manager. Please note, this will only work if you have a second ticket type in the product.
6. Product instructions (optional)
Include any important product-specific information as this will be included in the confirmation email sent to the guest after purchase. This could include information on arrival times, included items, what they can/can't bring along.
7. Create a schedule
Schedules define the start times for all session times for every day the product is offered as well as which ticket types will be available and the locations used:
1. Click +Create new schedule and give your schedule a name
2. Click +Add dates and choose which days of the week this schedule will apply to as well as the start & end dates; click Add dates to schedule button. You can also add exclusion dates to quickly remove any non-applicable dates, we will cover this in its own section further below
3. Under Session times, click +Add session
- Single sessions - enter the start time of your first session of the day. All ticket types and their locations will pre-fill below; you can leave as is or remove any ticket types or location you may not wish to sell at this time. Repeat as necessary
- Multiple sessions - select a start time & end time, name format and the frequency each session should start e.g. every 15 minutes
4. Click Save
5. Repeat for the rest of the sessions on this day or utilize the Duplicate button to speed up the process.
6. Click Done
If you have multiple ticket types which relate to different days of the week e.g. weekday and weekend ticket types, ensure your schedules only have the applicable ticket types linked to the correct schedule.
For example, your Monday - Friday schedule should only have your weekday ticket type selected in the schedule.
Duplicate a schedule
Create more schedules manually by following the process above or you can use the Duplicate schedule function.
- At the base of the schedule, click Duplicate and rename the schedule
- This new schedule will have the exact same day and date settings, exclusion dates and sessions. To edit the day and date; click on the selected dates. To remove click the X. Similarly, to edit exclusion dates; click the X to remove and add in the new dates
- You can edit the session times if this schedule is different to the original; click on the session you want to change and edit in start time, ticket types or locations in the pop-up. Or click X to remove the session entirely
- Click Done to save
Add existing schedule
To speed up recreating session products, you can add an existing schedule from another product. Click on the search box to Add existing schedule and select from the drop down.
Using Exclusion Dates
Add exclusion dates to quickly remove any non-applicable dates such as school or public holidays where session times may differ
Edit schedule for an individual date
There may be a day in which you need to amend the venue's opening or closing times or edit which ticket types are available to sell. To see how this can be done check out this article.
Please note each day can only fall under ONE schedule - the product will not be created if a date has more than one schedule applied.
8. Adjust the Advanced Settings
- Exclusion Period - Enter any dates your venue will not be open if you have not excluded them in the schedules above
- Sales start date - Decide and schedule when the product is available for sale, e.g. the product is for New Year's Eve but is only available for sale from December 1st
- Sales cut-off - This is how long prior to the session beginning that you would like to cease accepting online bookings. For example, for Party bookings, you may want sales to close up to 5 days in advance to allow for catering and staffing preparations. This setting will not affect the ability to create bookings internally via the Venue Manager or POS
- Deposit - Select the amount required from the guest at the time of booking. This can be the full amount required; or partial payment (deposit) of a % or a $ value. If a guest adds additional items to their purchase these will be added on top of the deposit and charged at checkout
- Add-ons - appear as a purchase prompt on the page following your products. These will only appear if this product gets added to the cart. Create your add-on products and select them from the drop-down here and click +Add
- Product category - select from your predefined product categories
- Tax - set the tax rate
- Waiver - Select the applicable waiver you require guests to sign to participate in this product
- Forms - Select a form that you have created to request additional information either in the online checkout or linked in the guest email confirmation. You can only select one in the drop-down menu
- Alternate address - applies only if your venue offers products that occur at an alternate location to what is set in your account details
- Upgradable product - if the membership feature is activated in your platform, you can set whether this pass can be upgraded to a membership product in the POS
9. Click Save
Click Save to create the product or update any new changes made