Party packages allow you to sell parties with inclusions that are dynamically calculated based on the number of guests booked. You can also allow the guest to choose their own variations for inclusions when booking the party online. This saves you time by making the process for booking parties simple for your guests and your staff.
Why use party packages?
|Use party packages if you want to ...||Examples|
|Schedule guest use of different venue resources such as party rooms and attractions||2-hour party with 1-hour jump time in the trampoline area followed by 1 hour in a party room|
|Automatically calculate stock items or add-ons included based on the number of party guests||1 pizza per 5 guests
1 pitcher of soda per 5 guests
|Set the number of stock items or add-ons included per guest or per package||1 pair of jump socks per guest
1 birthday t-shirt for the guest of honor
|Allow guests to choose their own variations for party package inclusions||Pizza toppings: pepperoni, vegetarian or BBQ chicken|
|Add buffer time for cleaning||15 min buffer time to clean a party room resource before the next party starts|
Create a party package
Follow the steps to configure your party packages ready to sell.
You create a party program by setting up the duration and resources used to manage where and how the party guests spend their time at your venue.
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Create product > Party package.
- Enter a unique name for your party package.
- Click Create program.
- Enter the duration for your party.
Once you save the duration, you can’t change it.
- Add the venue resources for the party:
- Click Add resources.
- Select the venue resources in the order you want guests to use them, then click Apply.
- Add the start and end times for each resource.
For example, where guests have access to the trampoline area for the first hour and an exclusive use of a party room for the second hour, set up the start and end times as shown below:
- (Optional) Add buffer time to allow for cleaning before the next party starts:
- Select Add buffer time.
- A Buffer column appears in the resources table.
- Enter the buffer time in minutes (eg 15 mins for a party room resource). This buffer time is not visible to guests.
- (Optional) Adjust the number of venue resources that can be booked for each party (eg party rooms):
- Select Multiple resources per booking.
- A Max column appears in the resources table.
- Select the maximum number of resources that can be used.
- Click Done.
A timeline of the party program appears.
To update the party program, click Edit program.
In the relevant fields, enter:
- The price per guest
- The minimum number of guests per party
Under Inclusions, you can add items that are bundled together with the party ticket, such as add-ons, stock items, fixed-price wallets or cashless cards.
From here, you can also:
- Configure your inclusions to automatically add items based on the number of party guests or set a number of inclusions per package.
- Allow the guest to choose any variations for inclusions while purchasing the party package or set which variation to include.
To add and configure your inclusions:
- Click Add item.
- Select an item you want to include in the party package.
- The Edit items panel appears.
- If you want to change the item's default price, enter an updated unit price.
By default, the unit price is the price configured in the item's product settings.
- If you want to automatically calculate items based on the number of guests:
- Under Quantity, select the Guest option (default).
- Enter how many items for every 'X' number of guests (eg 1 pizza for every 5 guests).
- If the number of guests is more than one guest, the minimum requirement options appear.
- Choose the minimum requirement for the first item to be automatically added to the package (eg 5 guest minimum for an item to be automatically added).
- If you want to update the per package number of inclusions:
- Under Quantity, select the Package option.
- Enter how many items per package.
- For items that have variations, select which variation is included or select the option to allow the guest to choose variations while purchasing (eg which pizza toppings they want).
Stock variations are a feature of a Pro plan. If you're on a Lite plan and want to allow guests to choose variations, contact your account manager or the support team to upgrade.
- Click Done.
- The inclusions table updates. Repeat the above steps for each inclusion you want to add.
Under Content, add the product descriptions and image to display in the online checkout.
To add product descriptions, select Descriptions:
- Enter the short description that appears under the product name on the checkout products page.
- Enter a detailed description for a longer description of the party that appears when guests select the product.
To add a product image:
- Select Image.
- Select Upload file to upload an image for your product.
Under Additional options, you can choose any add-ons you want available for guests to purchase after they've added the party package to their cart.
- Select Add-ons.
- Select any add-ons or stock items from the dropdown, then click Apply.
Select from the following additional options to further customize the party package.
- Allow guests to make a booking with a partial payment as a fixed amount or a percentage of the total product cost.
- Attach a form to this product to capture additional information about party guests such as the guest of honor's name or any dietary requirements. Learn more about creating forms and adding them to the checkout.
- Provide the guest booking the party with important information in the confirmation email.
- Maximum guests
- Set a maximum number of guests per party.
- Receipt shows
- Itemize party inclusions on receipts and in confirmation emails.
- Sales period
- Change the sales start date and the time period for when online sales close before the party starts. By default, items are sold from the day they are created until 1 hour before start time.
- Tax is not
- Change the default tax rate.
- Ticket holder name
- Capture the name of the party package ticket holder during the online checkout flow.
- Require that each party guest signs a waiver. Learn more about creating and configuring your waiver settings.
Save and go to schedules
When you've finished setting up the party package, click Save and go to schedules.
The Create a schedule page appears for you to create the party package schedule.
You can also access schedules from Venue Manager. Go to Products > Schedules.
No. A new session-based party ticket is automatically added when creating party packages.