In this article, you will learn how to create a membership product in Venue Manager so you can promote repeat guest visitation.
1. Go to Products > Create Product
2. Select the Memberships option
3. Fill out the Name (mandatory), Description and upload a Thumbnail image to display in POS and the online checkout
4. Add a Membership variation and fill in the following details in the pop-up modal:
- Name - the name of the membership variation i.e Adult or child
- Price - set the amount, the frequency, and if the payment is one-off or recurring.
- Note that recurring payments are indefinite or can be limited to a set amount of payments.
- Membership discount - select all applicable products, the discounts, the number of redemptions and the frequency in relation to that.
- Check the unlimited option if there is no limit to the redemptions frequency. Repeat steps for varying discount rates for different products.
- Purchase limits - if there is a minimum and/or maximum purchase amount and the setting to force the minimum purchase.
- Description and image
- Tax override - override the tax settings
- Override reporting category - if required
- Hide from online sales - turning this on will restrict this membership variation from being purchased online.
Press Save and repeat the steps above to add more variations.
5. Add Membership instructions with important information before they attend such as redemption, check-in instructions or information they should know about the venue.
6. Set the date settings:
If your product has indefinite recurring payments do not enter any value in the fields:
days valid from date of purchase or
days valid from date of redemption fields
These fields should only be completed if your product is for a limited time, has a once off payment or you set a limit to your recurring payments.
For example if its a three month membership you can set the days valid to be 90.
- Days valid from date of purchase
- Days valid from date of redemption
- Sales period - when guests can purchase the membership
- Redemption dates - the dates when the customer is able to use their membership to redeem for applicable discounts on selected products.
7. Under Product management, add add-ons, allocate product category, and the tax rate.
8. Set the Advanced Settings:
- Select the waiver (if the product purchased requires a waiver)
- Data capture - select the form to capture member details
- Product-specific terms & conditions
- Product visibility - check this if it is not to be sold online
- Product-specific venue - if the address is different from the venue address details
9. Click Save to publish
- Memberships are designed to be sold as stand alone products and cannot be used in conjunction with the Packages module.
- If you want to edit the membership details email that is automatically generated upon purchase, this can be done via the template studio.
- Redeeming membership on Venue Manager
- Redeeming membership in POS
- Purchasing membership in POS
- Using membership list to track member data
- Deactivating a membership
- Updating credit card details for recurring billing