Memberships are a great way to promote repeat guest visitation and increase revenue for your venue while also offering guests exclusive benefits and discounts. This article shows you how to create a membership product.
Memberships can be configured to provide your guests with numerous benefits such as exclusive access to products and discounts on other items.
You can create a separate membership product for each unique membership offering you would like to have. For example, you can create Basic, Epic and Ultimate membership products with different discount benefits for each tier. And within each membership product you can create variations, such as an Adult and Child variations.
Create a membership product
From Venue Manager, go to Products > Create Product. Select Memberships from the list of products.
Give your membership product a Name, Description and upload a Thumbnail image to display in POS and on the online checkout.
Configure membership variations
A membership variation is the particular ticket the guest buys. For example, an Adult ticket in a Gold Membership product.
To create a membership variation:
- Under Membership variations, click the existing General Admission variation (this is an example and you can replace its contents) or click Add variation. T
- The Variation details pop-up opens.
- For one-off payment memberships:
- Give your variation a name (eg Adult or Child (16 and under))
- Add price
- Select one-off payment from the payment frequency dropdown list
- For recurring payment membership variations (eg once per week):
- Give your variation a name (eg Adult or Child (16 and under))
- Add price and select the payment frequency from the dropdown list. You can set this to Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly. Additional fields will appear below.
- Payment period - select how long recurring payments will be paid for by the guest:
- Indefinite recurring payments ensures the membership runs until it is cancelled.
- Specify number of recurring payments allows you to select the number of recurring payments required before the membership expires (eg 6 payments required).
- Select Minimum payment terms to specify the minimum number of payments guests are required to pay before a membership can be cancelled (eg 3 payments required).
If a guest tries to cancel their membership before the minimum payment term has elapsed, they are charged any amount outstanding from the minimum payment terms.
- Select Memberships expire after completion of billing periods to override the valid days from purchase and valid days from redemption settings.
This setting works in conjunction with the Minimum payment terms setting.
Configure the membership benefits such as discounted entry or products.
- Under Membership discount > click Add discount.
- Select the products that can be discounted and the discount amount (eg 100% discount on 60 min Open Jump)
- Check the unlimited checkbox if there is no limit to the number of redemptions. Untick the checkbox to set a limit on the number of times the discount can be used (eg 2 redemptions per day/week/month/year).
- Repeat the above steps if this membership offers varying discounts for different products.
Membership variation settings
Configure the settings that will apply to this membership variation.
Set a minimum and/or maximum purchase amount.
For example, a family pass which requires a minimum of 4 memberships to be purchased.
Make ticket compulsory automatically automatically adds the membership variation to the cart when guests are purchasing online.
This membership variation must be purchased if the guest is buying another membership variation. For example, the family membership is made compulsory before a guest can purchase an additional family member membership.
|Description and image||Allows you to add a description to the membership and override a product image. The override image appears in POS.|
|Tax override||Override the default tax settings.|
|Override reporting category||Override the reporting category selected for this membership product.|
|Hide from online sales||Enabling this setting hides his membership variation from the online checkout. The membership is available in the point of sale.|
Save your membership product
Click Save once you've completed a membership variation.
To add multiple variations, simply repeat the above steps.
Add Membership instructions for your guests. The instructions are provided in confirmation emails sent to guest after they complete their purchase.
After creating the membership variations and any instructions, you can define when the membership can be purchased and how long the guest has to use the membership benefits (the discounts) after purchasing a membership.
Days valid from date of purchase / redemption
|One-off payment membership||Choose the number of days the membership is valid for commencing from the date of purchase (online checkouts or POS) or from date of redemption (in POS).|
|Recurring payment membership||
Leave the Days valid from date of purchase / redemption fields blank to ensure the validity of the membership depends on the guest paying for the membership each recurring payment period.
If payments fail, or if a guest requests to stop their membership payments, the membership benefits are no longer redeemable.
Online checkout sales period
Here you can configure when guests can start purchasing a membership using online checkouts and when sales close.
Under Online checkout sales period click the date in blue to open a pop-up.
- Set From to be the first day guests can purchase the membership online.
- Set Until to be the last day or last hour each day that guests can purchase the membership online.
We set up to the day of booking at 11 pm which is the latest time each day that a guest can purchase the membership online. If this is a limited time promotion, nominate a fixed date.
- Click Save Dates once done.
Define the days that the membership and its discounts can be redeemed by the guest.
Under Redemption dates click on the date in blue to open a pop up modal.
- Click the date under Date Range and a calendar appears. Select the days that the member benefits (the discounts) can be redeemed. For example, discounts to be used for the next year.
- Click Apply.
- Next Select days of the week.
- Click Save when complete.
Under Product management, select add-ons, and assign a product category, reporting category and tax rate for the membership product.
Select Advanced settings to expand further setup options such as configuring the recurring payment membership product to require booking agreements and waivers.
|Booking agreements||You must select this option if you require guests to complete a booking agreement before purchasing and redeeming the membership product.|
|Ticket holder name captured during checkout||
Enabling this option captures the names of each ticket holder when purchasing items in the ROLLER progressive checkout.
You must also select this option if you require guests to complete a booking agreement before purchasing and redeeming the membership product in the progressive checkout.
|Waiver||You can enable a waiver to be assigned to each membership product purchased.
You must also enable waivers if you require guests to sign a booking agreement before purchasing and redeeming the membership product.
|Data capture||If you require your guests to complete additional information (eg member details), you can create a form and select the form under Data capture.|
|Product-specific terms & conditions||Add terms & conditions that are specific to this membership product. This will appear after your venue terms & conditions on the online checkout.|
|Product visibility||Enabling this option hides the membership product from appearing in online checkouts. Staff can access the membership product in POS and Venue Manager.|
|Product-specific venue||Provide alternative address and contact information if the membership activity occurs at an address that is different from the venue address details|
Click Save in the bottom-right of the page.
Can I package up memberships with the packages product type?
Memberships are designed to be sold as standalone products and cannot be used in conjunction with the packages product type.
Can I edit the membership email provided to guests?
If you want to edit the membership details email that is automatically generated upon purchase, this can be done via the template studio.