In this article, you'll learn how to create standard passes, which are used to sell general entry and admission tickets. Examples include:
- Event tickets for specific dates
- Day passes for single use (eg day admission to a theme park or event)
- Passes that guests can redeem one or more times during a period of time you have defined, such as multi-passes (eg every Sunday for the next month)
- Season and annual passes
Once created, you can start selling the pass online by adding the product to the online checkout or selling in person by adding the product to a POS menu.
Create a standard pass
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Create product.
- Select Standard pass.
- Add product details, ticket types, availability and customize any other options. Read on to learn more about the settings you can customize for your standard pass.
- Save and publish your pass.
- Add the pass to online checkout and/or POS to sell to guests.
Add the product details
Complete the following details:
- Name (required)
- Short description - shown in the online checkout
- Full description - shown in the online checkout when a guest selects a product
- Terms and conditions - shown in the online checkout and email confirmation
- Thumbnail image - shown in the online checkout and POS.
- File format: JPG or PNG
- File dimensions: 640 x 390 pixels (width x height)
- Once the image loads, pull and drag the crop marks to frame your image. Anything with a dark overlay is cropped out.
- Click Save.
- Reporting category (optional) - select from your predefined categories.
Create your ticket types
Create the different types of tickets available for sale such as adult, child, concession or family.
- Update the placeholder ticket type name and price.
If using a resource to manage capacity for the ticket type, keep Unlimited checked.
- Select the settings cog icon for each ticket type to customize any settings:
Setting Description Add a ticket description Use the editor to create a text description for the ticket. Options include bold, italicize, underline, bullet points, numbering, and URL linking. Set a minimum and maximum purchase Specify the minimum and maximum quantity per guest for purchasing in a single transaction. Resources (optional) Select a resource from the drop-down menu. If using resources, keep the quantity as "Unlimited" so that it manages capacity from the resource settings. Standard passes with resources set the capacity for the entire day. Hourly segregation requires creating a per hour ticket type linked to a resource. Force minimum purchase Require guests to purchase at least the minimum quantity for this pass type. Group pass (great for family tickets or set groups) Specify the number of guests included in a group pass, which is suitable for family tickets or fixed groups. Override sales period for this ticket Set a specific sales period for standard pass ticket types, overriding the generic settings for the entire pass. Choose the sale start date, time, and end date, time. Override image (POS only) If you want a different image for each ticket variation in the Point of Sale (POS) system, you can upload a file. Please note that ticket type images are not available in the online checkout. Is for minor Indicate whether the ticket is for minors. Hide from online sales Ticking this box will prevent the ticket type from being sold online. It can only be purchased through Venue Manager or in the Point of Sale (POS) system. Tax override Allows you to select a different tax option from your default tax settings for the ticket type. You can also choose to make it tax inclusive by checking the box.
Include any product instructions (optional)
You can include any information specific for this pass which will be included in the confirmation emailed sent to the guest after purchase.
Set which days the pass can be used (required)
You must set up the specific dates or recurring dates for when the pass can be used.
You can also customize the validity text on the email confirmation and ticket by ticking the Override this text checkbox. For example:
- Valid for 10 uses from date of purchase
- Valid for one year from date of purchase
- Doors open at 6pm, 31 March 2023
Set up the general pass settings
General pass settings allow you to tailor your pass. Select which rules apply to the pass.
- The first option about guest purchase limits only refers to online transactions.
- The option "There is a limit to how many times a pass can be used" can only be used for multi-passes that allow walk-ins only. If you would like to create a multi-pass product that allows guests to book themselves online, read this article.
Configure the advanced pass settings
In Advanced settings, you have the option to configure the following settings for your product.
|Exclusion period||Select recurring or specific dates from the calendar when the pass is not available. For example, every Tuesday and Thursday or when your business is closed, such as public holidays including Christmas and New Year's Day.|
|When guests can access this pass online||Set a rule to determine when guests can purchase this pass online. For instance, allow guests to purchase this pass only at 12 PM every day or make it available 24/7 until a fixed date.|
|Add-ons||Link the pass to existing Add-on or Stock products as upsell items. Guests will be prompted to purchase these linked items during the online checkout process.|
|Product category||Assign the pass to a pre-existing product category for easier searching and organization of bookings when using the bookings calendar view, and grouping products into categories in the progressive checkout.|
|Tax||Set the tax rate for this pass. The tax rate will be automatically set to the default, but you can choose from other preset options in the drop-down menu.|
|Waiver||Link your venue's waiver to this product. Guests will need to complete the waiver before redeeming the pass and participating in the activity. They will be prompted to sign the waiver during the online checkout process and in the booking confirmation email.|
|Forms||Link a form to the pass. Guests will be prompted to answer additional questions when purchasing this pass online.|
|Alternate address||Override venue settings for this pass, including the venue name, address, website, email, and contact number (optional).|
|Booking confirmation required||Set whether bookings for this product need to be manually marked as confirmed in Venue Manager.|
|Upgradable product||Set whether this pass can be upgraded to a membership product in POS (Pro plan and above).|
|Redeam||If connected to Redeam, set whether this standard pass is sold via Redeam.|
Save and publish your pass
Click Save once you've completed all steps.