In this article, you'll learn how to create a standard pass.
Standard passes are used to sell:
- Event tickets for specific dates
- Day passes for single use (eg day admission to a theme park or event)
- Passes that guests can redeem one or more times during a period of time you have defined, such as multi-passes (eg every Sunday for the next month) or season and annual passes.
Standard passes are not limited to a specific scheduled time and duration (eg the 9:30am session for 60 minutes). To create products for your time-based activities, see Create a session pass.
Create a standard pass
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Create product.
- Click Standard pass.
- Complete the product details
- Name (required)
- Short description
- Full description
- Terms and conditions
- Click the Upload file button to upload a product image from your computer. Once the image loads, pull and drag the crop marks to frame your image. Anything with a dark overlay will be cropped out. Click Save.
- Assign a Reporting category (optional) so you can link your pass product to a pre-existing GL code.
- Create your ticket types. Click the settings cog button to add these options, if applicable:
- Add a ticket description - use the editor for your text description with options to bold, italicise, underline, use bullet points, number or link URLS
- Set a minimum and maximum purchase - type in the minimum and maximum per guest purchase in single transaction
- Resources (if this activated for your platform) - select from the drop-down menu. Please note that if you use resources, you can keep quantity to Unlimited as it will pull from your resource settings. Using passes with resources means it will set that capacity for the entire day. You cannot segregate per hour unless making a ticket type and resource per hour.
- Force minimum purchase means guests must purchase the minimum of this pass type - must check to activate
- Group pass (great for family tickets or set groups) - must check to use and set number of guests included
- Override sales period for this ticket - you can set a specific sales periods for pass types that override the generic settings for the entire pass - select as prompted sale start date & time and sale end date & time
- Override image - if you want a different image for each image pass, click Upload File
- Is for minor
- Hide from online sales - ticking this box will hide this ticket type from online sales, and can only be purchased through Venue Manager or in POS
- Tax override - allows you to select a different tax option from your default tax settings for the ticket type. You can also check the box if you would like it to be Tax Inclusive.
Product instructions (optional)
You can include any information specific for this pass which will be included in the confirmation emailed sent to the guest after purchase
Set which days the pass can be used
You can set up specific dates or recurring dates for when the pass can be used.
You can also customize the validity text on the email confirmation and ticket by ticking the Override this text checkbox. Some example text you can type in is:
- Valid for 10 uses from date of purchase
- Valid for one year from date of purchase
- Doors open at 6pm, 31st March 2018
Set general pass settings
General pass settings allow you to tailor your pass. Click the checkbox to set the rules.
Please note the purchase limits only refer to online transactions.
The option 'There is a limit to how many times a pass can be used' can only be used for multi-passes that allow walk-ins only. If you would like to create a multi-pass porduct that allows guests to book themselves online, read this article.
Set advanced pass settings
Under the advanced settings section, you can choose to add the following to your pass product setting:
- Exclusion period - select recurring or specific dates from the calendar when the pass is not available e.g. Every Tuesday and Thursday or when your business is closed such as public holidays including Christmas and New Years Day
- When guests can access this pass online - set a rule so that a guests can only purchase this pass on certain time periods, e.g. at 12pm every day. If you want the product to be on sale 24/7 until the date of your product, select the fixed date option
- Add-ons - link the pass to an existing Add-on or Stock product. When a guest purchases this item in the online checkout, they will be prompted to purchase the linked Add-on or Stock product. You can select as many items as you'd like to link to this pass by selecting them from the drop-down menu
- Product category - assign the pass to a pre-existing product category. Assigning to a product category will make searching for bookings under this product easier when using features such as the bookings calendar view
- Tax - set the tax rate for this pass. Note that while the tax rate will be automatically set to the default, but you can choose from other preset options in the drop-down menu
- Waiver - link your venue's waiver to this product. Each time the pass is purchased, the guest will need to complete a waiver before they are able to be checked in and participate in the activity at your venue
- Forms - link a form to the pass. Each time a guest purchases this item in the online checkout, they will be prompted to answer some additional questions. You can select which form to link to this pass by selecting it from the drop-down menu
- Alternate address - you can override the venue settings for this pass. Information that you can override are:
- Venue name
- Venue address
- Website (optional)
- Email (optional)
- Contact number (optional)
- Booking confirmation required - you can set whether you will need to manually mark bookings for this product as confirmed in the Venue Manager
- Upgradable product - if the Membership feature is activated in your platform, you can set whether this pass can be upgraded to a membership product in the POS.
- Redeam - if you are connected to Redeam, you can set whether this standard pass is sold via Redeam.
Save and publish your pass
Click Save once you've completed all steps.
To start selling this pass online, you will need to add it to a checkout.
To start selling this in venue, you will need to add it to a POS menu item.