When making bookings over the phone or at your venue, you can create them in Venue Manager for easy payment management and capacity tracking.
This article covers how to create and take payments for a booking from Venue Manager.
In this article:
Create a new booking
From Venue Manager, go to Bookings > Create booking.
You will be taken to a page where you can fill in booking details, such as booking holder information and products to be added to the booking.
Add contact details to a new booking
- Under the Details tab > Booking holder section, type in the following information:
- Email - this will serve as a unique identifier for guest records. If the product sold issues a discount code on the purchase, the email is especially needed to ensure the code can be generated for that guest.
- Include in mailing list - marketing opt-in (only check if the guest has confirmed that they would like to receive marketing updates from your venue).
- Phone number - this is a unique identifier for guest records.
- Guest name - this is a required field, and both first and last name are mandatory.
- Postcode - this is not a mandatory field.
While you can opt to input either the guest's email or phone number, we recommend both to reduce duplicate guest records.
If you are making a booking for a returning guest, typing their email or phone number will bring up their record. Click their guest record and the rest of the booking holder fields are populated automatically.
- Click Add booking holder. The following fields will now appear:
- Booking name - this will default to the guest's first and last name as specified in the booking holder section. You can override the default name and enter a different booking name. The booking name will be printed on tickets and will be searchable in POS.
- Booking notes - this will allow you to add notes for the booking. Any notes added to this section are only visible in Venue Manager.
- POS notes - this will allow you to add notes for your POS users.
You can edit the guest details you have saved by clicking Edit contact details. You can also click Change booking holder to swap the booking holder details. Go to the Edit existing bookings article to learn more about editing a booking.
Add products/tickets to a new booking
- Under the Availabilities section on the right-hand side of the screen, adjust the filters of the availability selector to search for the relevant product:
- When - this allows you to choose a specific date using Today, Tomorrow, or On functions, or to select a date range using the Between or Within the next (day/week/month) options.
- Product - this allows you to search for and select a specific product, multiple products, the entire product type or category. Click Apply to confirm your product selection.
- Guests / qty - this allows you to set the number of items required.
- Days - this option is only available if you selected a date range under the When filter.
The Days filter allows you to specify particular day(s) in that date range (eg only Saturdays and Sundays).
- More options - allows you to select Arrival time, with the options of Morning, Afternoon and Evening.
- Include unavailable products - ticking this will show availabilities for products that have been possibly sold out or are unavailable. Selecting this option can lead to overbooking.
The maximum number of days you can search for is 10 days.
Also, if you select Saturday and Sunday for a date range of one month, the search can be performed because there wouldn't be more than 10 Saturdays and Sunday in one month. An error message will be displayed if the search is too broad.
- Click Search. All selected products will be displayed and grouped by the day(s).
- Click on the product you would like to add to the booking. The ticket types, pricing information, description, availability and time slots for that product will be displayed as per the product configuration. Choose the tickets you need and use the arrows to adjust the number of items for each ticket type.
- Click Add items to booking at the bottom to add selected items to the booking.
- To add other products or ticket types to the booking, click the back arrow and repeat steps above for all booking items required. If you need to adjust the date filter from the product selection page, you can either:
- Click the back arrow button until you can see the filtering options or
- Click the exit [x] button.
If a group pass ticket type is added (where one pass generates more than one ticket), the number of tickets it will generate will be listed below the pass name.
- Click Save & reserve to confirm and finalize the booking. If you would like to confirm the booking without finalizing it, click the Save without reserving button instead.
If the total number of tickets generated exceeds 100, a warning message appears to confirm this action.
You can view all the items in the booking under the Order tab. You can also make adjustments to the booking items from this page.
Understand booking status labels
This label is displayed when you start creating a booking.
This label is attached to all confirmed bookings, regardless of their payment status.
This label marks cancelled bookings; cancelled bookings release availability for sale.
This label will appear next to bookings uploaded from a previous booking system.
Take payment for a booking
Once the booking status is changed to confirmed, you can take payment by clicking on the Take payment button. Clicking this button will prompt the Payment options pop-up to appear which allows you to choose from the following payment methods:
- Credit card - this allows you to charge your guest's credit card immediately via your online payment gateway. You will need your guest's card details to complete the transaction.
- Cash - this allows you to mark the booking as paid and collected by the venue directly. Please note that choosing this option will not automatically connect you to the cash drawer of your POS device.
- EFTPOS - this allows you to mark the booking as paid to the venue via an EFTPOS terminal. Please note that choosing this option will not automatically connect you to the EFTPOS terminal assigned to your POS device.
- Cheque - this allows you to mark the booking as paid and collected by the venue directly via a cheque.
- Bank transfer - this allows you to mark the booking as paid and collected by the venue directly via a bank transfer.
- Gift card - this will deduct the payment from an active gift card in the system. Multiple gift cards can be used but have to be added as separate transactions.
- Complimentary - this allows you to mark the entire booking as free of charge. Note that it will not be an option once payment using other methods has been made.
- Send payment link - this allows you to generate and send a payment link directly to the guest via email or text/SMS to securely complete payment on their own device via their preferred payment method. Learn more about this payment option in the Send booking payment request by link article.
- Take payment later - this allows you to defer payment until the guest arrives at the venue. Payment will be completed through POS.
- Groupon - selecting Groupon will prompt the user to enter the Groupon voucher ID. It is important to capture this information for reporting. Please note that this is not a direct integration with Groupon, so you will still need to use normal verification processes (eg through the Groupon app) to validate and check off the Groupons. It is not possible to do partial payment with Groupon and another payment type (eg redeeming one ticket on Groupon and another on cash is not supported). Each Groupon voucher should be redeemed as a separate transaction.
Adjust the payment amount
- The payment amount defaults to the full cost of the booking.
- If your product has a required deposit amount, there is an option to check the Pay deposit amount box, which will automatically calculate the amount owed based on the deposit you have set in the product configuration.
- If you wish to change the default full payment amount to a partial payment, you can type in a new figure into the Payment amount field.
- When deducting the payment amount from a gift card, please note that you cannot deduct more than what is available on the gift card and that it's not possible to redeem an expired gift card. The available gift card balance will be displayed when you enter the gift card number. Please ensure the payment figure is correct before finalizing the payment.
- You can leave notes by clicking the Add comment button in the bottom left corner of the Payment options pop-up.
- Click Take payment to finalize the transaction or Cancel to go back to the booking details screen without taking any payment.
The payment Status, along with the summary of other booking details, can be viewed at the top of the booking page, under the booking name. Payment status can be marked as Unpaid, Part paid, or Paid in full.
Any payment activity will be displayed in the booking Activity stream on the right-hand side of the booking page, and the booking's payment history can be viewed in full under the Payments tab.
Download tickets and send booking confirmations to guests
You can download tickets to send to your guests via your personal email or send booking confirmation emails directly from ROLLER.
- To download tickets attached to the booking, click the down arrow in the top right corner of the booking page. Go to the Downloading tickets for a booking article to find out more.
- To send a booking confirmation email to your guest from ROLLER, click the options button (3 dots) in the top right corner of the page and select Send Confirmation Email. You can customize the look and feel of the confirmation email before sending it to your guests.